Journal for Civic Commitment Call for Articles
Deadline for next issue: Feb. 29, 2011
The Journal for Civic Commitment is web-based publication of the Community College National Center for Community Engagement, offering research and theories, strategies, and tips and techniques to readers. It is dedicated to disseminating research-based and practical information to faculty, coordinators, administrators and state directors, and is published twice annually.
- Articles discussing civic engagement, service learning, service learning projects, and community-based research will be reviewed from academic faculty, community volunteers, community partners, and students.
- When a student, community member, or community partner is the primary author, an academic faculty member is required to stand as a second author.
- A student, community member, or community partner may write as a second author with an academic faculty member writing as first author.
- Criteria pertaining to evaluation for academic excellence will be applied to all articles submitted for publication.
- Artistic and literary submissions related to civic engagement and service learning will be considered for publication
More information: http://www.mesacc.edu/other/engagement/Journal/JournalGuidelines.shtml